Eligibility: 10 + 2 Passed or Graduates.
Methodology: Class Room Lectures, Audio Visual Presentation, Case Studies, Class Room Exercises, Home Assignments.
- The travel and tourism industry and the working environment for travel professionals.
- Geography and industry codes.
- Travel documents and the airline passenger experience.
- Air transport products and services.
- Rail, hotel, car rental, cruise and tour products.
- Customer service principles.
- Airfares and ticketing fundamentals.
- Advise customers on passport and visa requirements, as well as on travel insurance options.
- Promote services and facilities available to airline passengers during their travel.
- Interpret standard industry codes to plan and reserve travel itineraries.
- Sell rail travel, car rental, hotel accommodation, cruises and pre-packaged tour products.
- Provide good customer service and retain customer loyalty.
- Use the Global Distribution System to make and maintain reservations and issue travel documents